Tuesday 10 September 2019

Lesson on Sepbember 10.

Part 1. Participle I as "Дієприслівник"(що роблячи).

Stumbling in.( Kris Norman and Suzi Quarto)




Our love is alive and so we begin
Foolishly laying our hearts on the table
Stumbling  in.
Our love is a flame burning within
Now and then fire light will catch us
Stumbling  in.

Wherever you go, whatever you do
You know these reckless thoughts of mine
Are followin' you
I've fallen for you whatever you do
'Cause baby, you've shown me
So many things that I never knew
Whatever it takes
Baby, I'll do it for you

Killing me softly(by Frank Sinatra)


I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, to listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes
Strumming my pain with his fingers (one time, one time)
Singing my life with his words (two times, two times)
Killing me softly with his song
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song



Part 2. Participle I as "Дієприкметник"(який).

Yesterday I saw a big dog running along our street. He was barking  at the childen walking to school.  I wanted to take a long wood rod standing in the corner of veranda and banish the dog. But then I thought it could be  dog of  a neigbor living around.  I don't want to mess up with people living near me.  


Part 3. Continuous Tense as combination of to be( am, is, are//was, were//will be)+Participle I(verb+ing).


I am  writing the exercise now.  My cat is sleeping now.  My neighbor( an old lady) is working in her yard.  Two man are going down the street  past my house,  talking


Part 4. Participle II 

1. My sister likes boiled eggs. 2. We stopped before a shut door. 3. Tied to the tree, the goat could not run away. 4. They saw overturned tables and chairs and pieces of broken glass all over the room. 5. This is a church built many years ago. 6. The books written by Dickens give us a realistic picture of the 19th century England. 7. She put a plate of fried fish in front of me. 8. The coat bought last year is too small for me now. 9. Nobody saw the things kept in that box.

Part 5. Perfect as  have+Participle II

I have finished the exercises. Today I have written 2 exercises myself.  I also have copied 2 exercises from the textbook.  Today I have given 1 lesson in the morning.   That's why I want to sleep.   I have finished my preparations and now I can leave the home. 


Part 6. Conversational English( an example).


Hold on. Don’t give up!

-Hold on… I need to talk to you.
-Carry on What do you want to talk about?
-You know about my problem?
-Yes, I’m aware of it. We will talk it over and work out a solution.

Sometimes I drop by to a gym in order to work out a little.

Only 3 students turned up to the last lesson.  During the lesson we brought up several grammar topics.
Sleeping in a tent turned out  to be a real challenge as it was cold at night.

He took up a new job but it turned out to be too difficult  for him.  He was doing his best but finally he gave up.

 -Don’t mess up with your boss if you don’t want to be kicked out. Sometimes we should give in, in order not to give up.
-I’m done with him.   I’m doing my best but I can’t carry out my work as he never clearly explain what I got to do.
-Hold on for at least a month.  Possibly the things will get better on you.  I’m sure you will come through this situation.

Do you hang out with your friends or colleagues after work? 
Yes,  on Friday we go to the nearest pub and hang out there till the midnight?

-Is Annie seeing anybody?
-No, as  far as I know, she doesn’t see anyone.  Do you want to ask her out?
-Yes, I feel like but,  I want to make sure that she doesn’t go out with anyone.
-Sure, she doesn’t.  She used to have a boyfriend but they broke up.

I was really freaking out before this job interview.  But when they kicked off,  I calmed down  and was talking to them without any problems.