Thursday 7 November 2019

Lesson on November 7.


Part 1. Working with Friends-1.  Grammar and vocabulary exercises. 

Rachel  was….at 12 job interviews
laughed
smiled
joked

Rachel didn’t find a job but she was ….
beat
upbeat
uprise

When Rachel cut her credit card:
hundreds of wholesalers cry
dozens of dealers yell
thousands of retailers scream

Now Rachel is:
on her own
at her own
in her own

Being on(my, your, his, her, our, their) own means:
to live by yourself
to be your own boss
to be yourself

Phoebe’s stepdad:
killed himself
was  in jail
died

In high school Ross had( a crush, a crash) on Rachel.

But she thought that he was (cheeky,  geeky, spooky) Monica’s brother.

Ross wants to (speak out, find out, ask out) Rachel sometimes.


       When Phoebe(had come, came, was coming) to the city.  Before it her mother( had killed herself, killed herself) and  Phoebe ( had ended up, ended up) living with albino guy who (cleaned the windshields, was cleaning the windshields).  And then he ( killed himself, had killed himself)..And then she (found, had found, was founding aromatherapy).
If Phoebe (didn’t, don’t)   come to New York she ( wouldn’t found, will not found) aromatherapy.
      Now Rachel is looking for a job because she (has broken up, had broken up) with her dad.  Her dad is mad at her because she ( has run away, had run away) from wedding.  If Rachel( didn’t, doesn’t) run away she (wouldn’t, won’t) need to look for a job.
The friends(make, force) her to cut credit cards because they want her to live( on her own, on their own).

Participles
Чендлер і Джої не стали пити каву приготовану Рейчел.  Рос довго дивився на банку пива знайдену на кухні.  Меблі зібрані Чендлером та Джої виглядають дуже дивно.
Збираючи меблі,  Рос відсидів свої ноги( сouldn’t feel his legs). Розмовляючи з Франі,  Моніка дізналася що Пол обдурив ії.  Дивлячись на gravy boat Рейчел усвідомила що вона не любить Барі.
Втікши з весілля Рейчел кинулася до Моніки.  Розлучившись з дружиною Рос переїхав у нову квартиру.  Почувши про розлучення Роса його мама подзвонила Моніці о 3-й годині ночі.

Complex Object.
Тато Рейчел хоче щоб вона вийшла за Барі.  Рейчел хоче щоб тато зрозумів ії.  Росс хоче щоб його дружина повернулася.  Чендлер хоче щоб його мама дзвонила йому  хоча б інколи.

Infinitive of  Purpose.
Рейчел приїхала до Нью Йорка щоб вийти заміж за Барі.  Вона хотіла вийти заміж щоб бути незалежною від своїх батьків.


The last scene. In the cafeteria

Joey- I can't believe what I'm hearing.
Phoebe- Can't believe what I'm hearing
Monica- What? I said
Phoebe-  What? I said
Monica- Would you stop?
Phoebe- Was I doing it again?
Everybody-Yes!
Monica-I said you had a nice butt(ass). It's just not a great butt.
Joey- You won't know a butt if it bit you.
Ross- There's an image.
Rachel-Would anybody like more coffee?
Chanlder-You made it,or you're serving it?
Rachel- I'm just serving it.
Everybody- I'll have a cup of coffee.
Chandler-Kids, new dream. I'm in Las Vegas.
A visitor-Miss, more coffee?
Rachel-Could you give this to that guy over there?
-Go ahead.
-Thank you.
-Sorry.
Chandler-Okay, Las Vegas.I'm in Las Vegas.I'm Liza Minnelli..



Part 2. New Grammar

1) Questions to subject( підмет).
Who pays for Rachel's credit card?  Who knows the answer?  Who lives here? Who broke the window?  Who did it? 

2) Questions to different parst of a sentence(special questions):
I like to drink tea after work.  I like to drink tea in front of TVset after work.  
He work at school for all his life. 
She left her office at 6 o'clock yesterday.
They will go to Poland in the next week. 

3) Complex object with bare infinitive( infinitive without "to") after see, hear, feel.
We can see thousands retailers scream( screaming). 
I saw him work hard(working hard)
I heard her give birth to a child.
I felt his mood change
I heard him become  a manager
I saw her talk on the phone( talking on the phone)
I feel him lie to me( lying to me)


Part 3. Tests


1) Questions in English.

2) Past Continuous vs Past Simple

3) How to say future in English(Future Simple, going to, Present Continuous).